Adding an Event
At the Maine Association of the Deaf, our goal is to provide a platform to share and promote events within the Deaf, hard-of-hearing, and interpreting community of Maine. To make our events calendar even more engaging and informative, we invite you to submit your events along with details to make them eligible to be added to our calendar.
All events need to be emailed to email@example.com. Our event team will then post the event or respond with confirmation on certain details.
Requirements for an event to be added:
- Event Name
- Hosted by whom
- Date and Time (beginning and ending times)
- Description of Event
- Admission Fees (if applicable)
- Accessibility Information (Interpreters, CART, or other access methods)
- Contact Information (for people with questions)
- If a flyer is provided – provide a visual description of the flyer. This is required.
- Any Additional Relevant Details
- ASL Version of event details
For in-person events:
- Location Address (For in-person events, please provide the exact address, and if not easily visible from the address, a descriptor of how to get to the right location)
- Parking Locations (“Easy parking” is fine, or recommend a parking location if not easily visible)
For virtual events:
- Platform used
- Link to the event page or registration
Once the events team receives the email, they will review the details that need to be corrected and then contact you. If all looks good, the team will post it on the calendar for all to see.
Thank you, and we look forward to seeing your event!